24/10/2013

BarryM Matte Nails Review

Hi!
So I heard about these new Barry M matte nail polishes, and immediately knew I had to purchase some! The black one in particular caught my eye, and I also decided to get the lightest one, which is a really muted lilac-y colour. 


Application
I thought these were a little more difficult to apply that normal nail polishes, because they dry pretty quickly, meaning if you're not quick you'll end up messing it up. 
For both shades, I only needed 2 coats! Which is great because I absolutely hate spending forever painting my nails.
The best part is they dry SO quickly once you've done.They were touchable after about 2 minutes, and completely dry probably after about 5 minutes. 

Colour
I love how they've named them all after coffee things! The black one is called 'Espresso' and the lilac one 'Vanilla'. Like I said, they only needed about 2 coats to look even and done. The matte finish looks really nice and different. I actually think the black one looks a little more matte than the vanilla one.

Lasting
I tend to find that most Barry M nail polishes chip pretty easily and quickly, and these are no exception. Both shades probably started chipping after about two days.
As for the actual 'matteness' of them, this didn't last either! After a few days whatever was keeping them matte wore off, leaving them just looking like normal nail polish. 


Overall I think it was a good purchase, they look really good while they last and it's not like it's left my pockets empty at only £3.99 a bottle. I just think they should last a little longer!

Thanks for reading! :)

20 comments :

  1. Thanks for this :) really useful. ill probably get a matte top coat instead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Yeah that's probably a better idea :) xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous shade, they boot look amazing !:)

    Hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the names of them! might try them, i think? xx

    http://shush-itsasecret.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You should definitely try one if you like matte nails xx

      Delete
  4. These look so good, I really want a matte nail polish! Think I'm going to get the vanilla one!

    www.rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vanilla colour does look really good with a matte finish :) xxx

      Delete